Cream cheese butter cake
These easy miniature cream cheese pound cakes only need 5 ingredients and about half an hour of time. They're light and fluffy and have no baking soda or baking powder!
- 1/2 cup (120g) salted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz (120g) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (125g) all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 325°F and line 10 slots of a muffin tin.
In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment to beat together the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until well-incorporated, about 1 minute. Add the sugar, and cream together on medium-high speed for at least 3 minutes until light, pale, and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Add the vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until incorporated. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on medium speed until just incorporated. Sift in the flour and mix until just incorporated. Be careful not to over-mix the eggs or the flour.
Fill each muffin tin until it's about 3/4 full. Place in the oven and bake for 25 - 28 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove and let cool for a few minutes.
- Instead of salted butter, you can use unsalted butter and add 1/4 tsp of salt with the flour
- Make sure that the ingredients are at room temperature, as it helps them incorporate and ensures that the cakes will be light and fluffy