Single serving berry crumble
Juicy, jammy berries topped with buttery shortbread and oatmeal crumble make this the perfect easy single-serving dessert. This quick recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes, and you can use frozen berries to enjoy this all year round!
- 3/4 cup frozen berries of your choice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp whole oats
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
Preheat your oven to 400°F
In a small bowl, mix together the berries, cinnamon, sugar, and corn starch until the berries are well coated. Transfer to a ramekin.
In a small bowl, mix together the flour, oats, salt, and sugar. Add the small pieces of cold better and use your fingers to gently rub the butter into the dry ingredients. The mixture should be crumbley and sandy in texture. Sprinkle the topping over the berries.
Place in the oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes until the top is a light golden brown and the berries are bubbling. If using fresh berries, reduce the bake time.
Remove and let cool slightly before digging in!
- You can use fresh berries instead of frozen, but be sure to reduce the bake time
- If you're using frozen strawberries, I recommend defrosting in the microwave for 10 seconds and cutting into smaller pieces.
- You can use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar
- You can sub whole wheat flour for all purpose flour