This 5 minute omelette sandwich trick is the perfect hassle-free way to make a fluffy breakfast sandwich!
Egg sandwiches are my favorite breakfast treat – 2 slices of thick, toasted bread with a generous serving of eggs and cheese in the middle. It’s simple, but so satisfying.
This omelette sandwich hack takes just a few minutes and allows you to assemble the sandwich in the pan for minimum mess and hassle. The best part of all? The egg is attached to the bread, so there’s no more taking a big bite and having all the egg slide out the other end!
You can customize with any toppings you like – my favorite is a classic cheddar cheese but I also love it with pepper and onion.
Tips for the perfect egg sandwich
- Spread mayo on the bread to create a perfectly browned, crisp crust
- Use a nonstick pan and rubber spatula to make flipping the omelette as easy as possible
- Make sure the pan is piping hot so that the eggs start cooking instantly
Helpful video tutorial:
style=” background:#FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>View this post on Instagram
This little trick is so easy and creates a beautiful and thick omelette sandwich that is simply irresistible. I love using my homemade Japanese milk bread or savory scallion milk bread to create the fluffiest sandwiches!
Easy omelette sandwich
- 12 inch skillet
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Toppings of your choice
- Spread each slice of bread with mayo.
- Whisk together the eggs, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the skillet on medium-high heat until hot and pour in the eggs. Press one slice of bread mayo-side up into the middle of the omelette. Sprinkle in toppings and cheese.
- Flip over the omelette and bread and fold the edges of the omelette onto the bread. Cover with the other slice, mayo side up. Cook until both sides of the sandwich are golden brown.