These super fudgy and chocolatey brownies are so rich and decadent you won’t even realize that they’re made with avocados and bananas. These two ingredients make these a healthier brownie recipe that is packed with fruits and veggies.Click here to jump to recipe
My favorite kinds of brownies are the ones that are so fudgy, they’re almost more batter than brownie. That soft, rich brownie center is just irresistible, especially when they are warm out of the oven. It’s even better when you can pair that decadent brownie goodness with some healthier ingredients, like avocados and bananas. From this combination, healthier fudgy brownies were born! I also love adding in chopped pecans and cherries for delicious pecan cherry brownies.
The avocados in this recipe add a wonderful, creamy texture along with some healthy fats, and the bananas add a natural sweetness along with nutrients such as Potassium and Vitamin C. This recipe also uses cocoa powder instead of chocolate, which adds rich chocolatey flavor along with antioxidants. As a bonus, this recipe is 100% plant-based so a wider variety of diets can enjoy these brownies.
How to make fudgey avocado brownies
First, we’ll mash together the bananas, sugar, and vanilla. We’ll blend together the avocado and vegetable oil and then pour that into the banana mixture. Finally, we’ll add our dry ingredients – the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. After mixing everything together, we’ll fold in any add-ins. I personally love putting in chopped nuts!
Other plant-based recipes:
These brownies are so easy and delicious. If you make this recipe, let me know! You can comment below or tag #halicopteraway on Instagram so I can see your beautiful bakes.
Healthier fudgy avocado brownies
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 9×9 baking pan
- Blender or food processor
- Parchment paper
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (95g) all purpose flour
Add-ins (for pecan cherry brownies)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 20 cherries, pitted and halved
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×9 baking tray with parchment paper so that the paper hangs over the edge.
- Mash your ripe bananas with a fork or hand mixer. Mix together with brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla.
- In a blender, mix together your avocado and oil. Pour the avocado and oil mixture into the banana mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add salt, cocoa powder, and flour into your wet ingredients. Mix until fully incorporated. Fold-in any add-ins.
- Bake for 25 minutes on the center rack of the oven until the center is set and no longer jiggles when the pan is shaken.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.
3 thoughts on “Healthier fudgy avocado brownies”
I made these brownies today, and they were devoured by the household vegans and non-vegans alike! The texture was perfect; these brownies can only be described as “gooey.” The banana flavor is strong, and that’s a plus for banana-lovers like me :P. I am so appreciative your blog, Hali. Even though you’re not vegan, you are normalizing a plant-based diet and inviting vegans to join in the fun! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Thank you Emily!! I’m so glad they turned out well. My non-vegan family loves them too 😃
These were wonderful! Rich and decadent. I used the coconut oil. They were not as wet as the photo, (but still quite fudgy!) but that may be because I used smaller bananas.